Keeping Your Concrete Driveway Cost Within Budget Is Essential
Did you realise the cost for a new resurfaced Concrete Driveway is negligible compared to the added value you are creating?
For many homeowners in Sydney who are looking for the fastest way to renovate their home and add real value to their equity, your concrete driveway is definitely the best investment you can make. As a result many people wonder what the concrete driveway cost will be and whether they should consider doing it themselves or get a team of professional concrete contractors in and have the whole job completed in 3 days.
Should I resurfacing my existing driveway or completely rip it up and start from scratch?
The 2 biggest decisions you need to consider in regards to your concrete driveway cost are whether you want to resurface your driveway or completely rip up and then install a new concrete driveway. On top of that you have the choice as to whether you’d like to hire a team of professionals to complete the job or do it yourself. Unfortunately you only have to walk around your neighbourhood in Sydney to see examples of those with good intentions to renovate their driveway, only to see 3 months down the track the same driveway needing desperate work done. Nowadays time is the biggest factor in your life and so hiring a team of qualified concrete contractors is the smarter choice.
Concrete driveway resurfacing – Is this the most cost effective option?
To concrete resurface the driveway is by far the most cost effective option as opposed to ripping up your driveway and starting from scratch. Initially the driveway resurfacing option comes down to the amount of preparation and the condition of the existing concrete (how many cracks etc). If you have a good solid base then resurfacing the concrete is the best option and at the same time this can dramatically cut down the overall costs of rejuvenating the concrete driveway. And it will last for years!
Other key benefits to consider when resurfacing your concrete driveway are:
- Better overall finish
- Higher quality end result
- More choice with patterns and colours
- Only takes 3 days to complete the job
- You can walk on your new concrete driveway in 12 hours
- Start driving on your new driveway within 5 days
- The overall cost can be more than 3 times less than ripping it up
- Your concrete driveway cost when resurfacing might range from around $3,000 to $4,500 depending on the amount of preparation needed.
The rip it up option – Is this just a cost blowout?
Compare the above list of benefits for resurfacing your concrete driveway with ripping up your current driveway and starting from scratch and you’ll see why we believe your best option is definitely concrete resurfacing. Without a doubt you’ll save a considerable amount of money doing it this way.
Your costs severely blow out with the 2nd option (ripping it up) due to having to:
- Excavate your existing driveway (rip it up)
- Remove all the wasted concrete
- Install new drainage
- Finally you have to lay the new concrete 100mm thick over say 75m2 (this is where the costs really add up)
Choosing to completely renew the concrete on the driveway (the rip up option) has some significant drawbacks in addition to the increased cost which are:
- Can take on average 7 days to complete
- You won’t be able to walk on it for 3 days
- You won’t be able to drive on it for 7-10 days
- You’ll have less colour options; and
- You’ll have less patterns to choose from
- The overall cost for completely ripping up your existing concrete driveway and starting from scratch on average will be around $9,100 to $10,000.
We’re confident you’ll feel much better with the increased savings sitting in your bank account as opposed to wasting needless amounts on the 2nd option. Sticking with concrete resurfacing is the smarter option by far.
So your concrete driveway cost is largely dependent on which option you take and will also be determined by the current foundation of your existing driveway. It goes without saying that speaking with an expert will assist you greatly in determining the most cost effective option, the best design and the best range of colours and styles.
If you are in the Sydney area and you are wondering what your particular concrete driveway costs are going to be, give us a call and we’ll provide you with a free quote.
Check out some of our photo’s and range of colours and styles